- Nose (aromas): black tea, clove, potpourri, wild blackberry
- Flavor (palette): black raspberry, white pepper, chai tea, structured tannin
- Winemaker’s Notes: Because of the intensity in mouthfeel of this variety, we love to pair it with like-minded foods. One of our favorites is oven-roasted leg of lamb with a rosemary crust and caramelized onions. Think foods with flavor and/or structure to match this elegant wine.
- Aging Potential: Now-2030
- Additional Info: This wine was aged in barrel for two years, and now has been in bottle for just over a year. For us historically, Petite Sirah has needed that time in bottle to show the rich, intricate layers that make up this wine. In addition, it loves to be decanted for 30 minutes plus before drinking!
- Site: Carhartt & Rodney’s Vineyards
- Varietal composition: 100% petite sirah
- Fermentation: small losts, cold soak, punch downs, pump overs & gently pressed.
- Cooperage: 22 months in 100% french oak (35% new).
- Production: 372 cases, unfined & unfiltered
- Winemakers: brooke, mike, & chase carhartt